The problem with being stuck in a sex rut is that you might not even notice that you’re in it. Your sex life might have just gotten comfortable and then slowly you start to realize that it’s gotten a bit too comfortable.
And when that begins, before long at least one of you is going to get bored. It doesn’t mean the sex is bad, it just means that you need to start making an effort to create sparks again.
A relationship is like a bicycle, when one of the wheels is flat, it will still go, but not well. Even if only one partner is in that rut, it’s going to affect your sexual relationship. When you need something that your partner doesn’t need, it’s can be difficult to understand why they don’t need it.
So if you’re getting the slightest feeling that you’re stuck in your comfort zone – or that your partner is feeling a little less than enthralled with your sex life – you need to nip the problem in the bud by trying something different. And you need to do it before it affects the rest of your relationship.
So what can you do? Here are five sex acts that will get you of your comfort zone:
- Work On Your Oral Sex Game: Oral sex is always something that you really get into and don’t end up zoning out in the way you can with penetrative sex. Some people complain that oral sex is one of the first things to go in their long-term relationships, so make a point to bring it back. Get in a position where you both are really comfortable – like one of you sitting on the bed and the other on the floor – then really take your time and get into it.
- Power Plays: Playing with power is not only incredibly sexy – it’s a definite switch out of your comfort zones. There are a lot of ways to mix it up. If your partner is normally on top, you try getting on top for a while. Even try switching positions more than normal, to really feel like you’re mixing things up. Include props for extra special playtime!
- Get A Vibrator: There are lots of sex toys out there for couples, but a bullet vibrator or vibrating cock ring means both of you get a boost, without them being too big or intimidating if you’re not used to them. Start with something small and before you know it, you’ll be building up to the big stuff.
- Add Lube: If you’re not quite ready for the vibrator, adding lube to everything makes it better. But lube isn’t just amazing when you desperately need it, if you’re looking for a way to break out of your comfort zone – but you’re afraid to try a new sex act – add lube to your old one.
- Mutual Masturbation: Mutual masturbation might not be something you’ve tried before, but it’s worth it. Not only is it incredibly sexy, it’s also a totally different view of your partner than you normally get, so it’s a perfect way to mix things up. Even more than that, watching your partner means you get a crash course in exactly how they like it, and that’s never a bad thing! Be sure to check out our blog post about the benefits of masturbation!