If you’re like most other people, your list of New Year’s resolutions probably includes things like getting healthier, saving more money, getting out of debt and something about exploring a new hobby. And again, if you’re like most people, there is probably nothing on your list about sex.
Why is that? Can you really have too much sex? Do you really think the sex you are having can’t get any better? If you do feel that way, you should probably write a book because you’d earn millions!
But when reality sets in, you’ll realize that you need to make 2016 the year you make your sex life a priority. Here are some sexual resolutions to improve your life in and out of the bedroom.
1. Make the time. Make sex a high priority in your relationship. Even when your schedule seems too full, find the time anyway. It will make facing the workweek and the other stress factors in your life that much easier to bear. Act out your partner’s wildest fantasy, and yours too. It will provide many nights of hot new experiences in the bedroom.
2. Don’t make excuses. I forgot to shave…I have a headache…it’s been a long day…I’m so tired. Do these excuses sound familiar? Although they may seem valid, it doesn’t mean some hot sex can’t be the cure, so don’t hold back in 2016!
3. Set the stage for love. Set the mood for sex on a regular basis with candles, body oils, pleasure toys, and a sultry playlist.
4. Compliment your partner. If your partner rocks your sexual world, be sure to tell them that in 2016. Explain what he/she does best, why you love your time between the sheets, and what you can’t wait to do again. Trust us, your partner will be all ears and hang on every word!
5. Show off your sexy side. Buy sexy lingerie, or greet your partner in the nude when they come home. Embrace your sexuality and show it off.
6. Be spontaneous. Don’t you ever get the urge to just grab your partner while he or she is getting dressed for work and have a quickie to start the day? Although the idea usually gets jumbled when you attempt to make it a reality, this year make a commitment to follow through and just make it happen.
7. Discover new erogenous zones. Taking the time to explore one another’s bodies is the best way to supercharge your orgasms. So spend a bit of time finding those secret hotspots you didn’t even know existed. Tip: Behind the ears, the knees and the inside of the arms are explosive erogenous zones just waiting to be stroked – for both you and your partner.
8. Don’t be selfish. Great sex is a two-way street – it’s about giving and receiving and addressing each other’s needs. If one person is doing all the work, they will eventually become resentful and lose their enthusiasm. One way to correct any imbalance is to take turns blindfolding each other. The blindfolded partner can be gently tied to the bed with silk scarves while the other smothers them with attention and learns what they love. Then reverse the roles.
9. Let loose! Sex is meant to be fun and rewarding, so boost the excitement factor in your sex life by making “sex dates” with your lover. Have a naughty food fight in the kitchen, or have sex at a place in your home where you never have before.
10. Play out your fantasies. Playing out your dirty little daydreams in your head is one thing but acting them out can take them to a whole new level. Whether you and your partner engage in role-playing, tying each other to the bed, talking dirty or doing a sexy striptease, the key is to remember that this is about having fun.
11. Get acquainted with your g-spot. Ladies, how can you expect your partner to find it if you don’t know where it is yourself? To find it, insert your forefinger inside your vagina and make a ‘come here’ motion with your finger towards the front wall. You’re feeling for an area that’s rough – rather than silky like the rest of the vaginal wall. Experiment with different stimulation methods by varying the amount of pressure and the length of the stroke to discover what feels best. Now you can show your partner!
12. Try something new! You know that thing you’ve always wanted to try, but never have? It’s time to give it a go in 2016. Perhaps explore a hidden fetish or buy some new couples vibrators. What do you have to lose?
13. Get out of the bedroom more often. Would you return to the same place every time you went out on a date together? No, it would get pretty boring, right? So why make love in the same place every time? Variety is the key to keeping your sex life hot and exciting, so take a sexual tour around the house and make the most of the props each has to offer…the showerhead, the dining room table, the contents of the fridge, the stairs…put your imagination to work.
14. Speak up! Be vocal about what you want and need. Your partner can’t make your fantasies come true if he or she doesn’t know what they are.
2016 is the time to stop making excuses for a boring sex life. Whether you are single or in a relationship, move intimacy to the top of your list of your New Year’s resolutions. Besides, sex is a great way to burn calories, it doesn’t cost anything and it’s a lot of fun…sounds like the ultimate resolution to us!
Happy (Sexy) New Year!