There comes a point in every relationship where the sex just isn’t what it used to be. That doesn’t necessarily mean that in every relationship the sex eventually gets boring. But even with the best chemistry and the most diligent work at keeping things hot and heavy, familiarity can breed staleness. It happens.
Instead of blaming yourselves or waiting on a miraculous solution, why not try incorporating sex toys into your relationship?
Believe us, we’ve heard all about why people don’t love using sex toys. Admittedly, some of them can be kind of noisy, not to mention the very common misconception that a vibrator is a substitute for a human partner, which is just not true. Honestly, that couldn’t be further from the truth for anyone who owns and regularly operates a sex toy.
To put it plainly, there’s absolutely no comparing a wearable massager or a vibrator to the real deal, no matter how effective they are at getting you to the finish line.
Following are six reasons why you should be using sex toys!
- The Big O is more achievable. There’s a reason why sex toys are considered one of the main ways to boost a woman’s chances of orgasm during intercourse. It’s common knowledge that many women cannot climax easily, which could lead to frustration and overall dissatisfaction with their sex lives. In fact, only 10 percent of women orgasm easily. Meanwhile, sex toys provide a simple, straightforward a way to get off. (First time using a vibrator? Check out our 6 Tips.)
- Toys make sex more interesting. You and your partner are bummed because boredom has overtaken your bed. Sparks don’t fly; they just fizzle out. Adding a sex toy to the mix can make things more exciting, enjoyable and beneficial.
- Sex toys can help reduce pain during intercourse. There are numerous reasons why sex might hurt, many of which involve medical issues that should definitely be addressed with your doctor. But if anxiety is behind the pain you’re experiencing during the act, sex toys are considered a legitimate treatment for pain during intercourse, mostly because they help you relax.
- There’s less pressure on your and your partner to do all the work. In the event that your partner can’t get quite find the perfect position that hits all the right spots, there’s no reason to throw in the towel and give up on satisfying sex when you can incorporate a sex toy to pick up some of the slack.
- Certain toys can help sex last longer. When it comes to sex toys, ladies aren’t the only ones who can benefit. For example, if your man’s in the mood for marathon sex but doesn’t think he’ll be able to last, you could both wind up feeling helpless and unsatisfied. Fortunately, there are a various sex toys specifically designed to help men, including ones that simulate oral sex and others that help your guy hold off on reaching an orgasm.
- Improved communication. Using a sex toy doesn’t mean it does all the work while you lie there waiting on magic to happen. You and your partner have to communicate about what feels good and what doesn’t, which toys work and which ones don’t, and so on. Being open about your needs in the bedroom can lead to you being more comfortable broaching other topics about your relationship.
In the end, get down how you like it, but when it comes to using a sex toy in bed, don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it.