The human body is complicated in that it can simultaneously perform an endless number of roles at once without us having to do more than respond to any cues it provides, such as hunger.
And while most women are aware of how amazing their female parts are doesn’t mean we know everything there is to know. Today we’re sharing some interesting facts that you should know about your lady parts.
- Orgasms can provide pain relief. Orgasms have proven to be effective at blocking pain, including that from menstrual cramps, headaches, childbirth, arthritis, and even surgery. When we orgasm the body releases the hormone oxytocin, which creates all kinds of feel good things in the brain.
- The vagina can expand by 200 percent during sex or childbirth. The shape of the vaginal canal makes it a “potential space” where it sort of collapses if there’s nothing going on in there. It has the ability to expand and stretch, but it does have its limits, which is why we can experience pain if a penis goes too deep and pokes at our cervix.
- You could actually lift weights with your vaginal muscles. You can strengthen your kegel muscles just like any other. Attaching something egg-shaped to a weight makes it possible to stick it inside, grip, and lift weights. Some companies sell balls you can stick in the vagina and then walk around to work on strengthening those muscles.
- Your clitoris has two times more nerve endings than a penis. The penis has about 4,000 nerve endings, while the clitoris alone has more like 8,000. And that’s not even taking into consideration the rest of the vaginal canal. When stimulated, the clitoris can actually affect 15,000 other nerve endings that are located nearby in the pelvis area.
- Like other body parts, the vagina can sag. Your labia can wrinkle and sag as you age and lose collagen in the body. But rest assured those changes won’t affect how sex feels. To keep the vagina strong try kegel exercises.
- Your vagina discharges more than a gram over an 8-hour period. Vaginal discharges come from a few different places including the walls of the vagina, the cervical mucus, uterine and tubal fluid, secretions that come from glands in the vulva, oil and sweat from the vulvar glands, cells from the walls of the vagina, and some healthy bacteria it uses to clean up.
- You can be allergic to semen. It’s difficult to be in a situation where your body starts rejecting semen after developing an allergy to it, but it is possible. Most women who develop this condition experience itching and swelling in the vagina after sex, but for some people it can literally be life-threatening.
- The g-spot is still a mystery. Believers of the g-spot think it exists a couple inches into the vaginal canal on the front wall of the vagina, and that it can be identified by the slight change in texture to the area. Other researchers say not so much. Either way, most of the nerve endings in the vagina are found within the first couple inches of the vagina so it makes sense to focus on that area.
- The vagina cleanses itself. The vagina was actually designed to keep itself clean, which it does with the help of those natural discharges. The vagina has specific plans in place to keep itself clean using healthy bacteria and a balanced pH level, which is why it’s a good idea to keep things away from it like soaps and perfumed products that can irritate it and disrupt the natural pH levels.
- Confidence in your vagina = better orgasms. Research has shown that women who are comfortable with how their vaginas look and function report having more satisfying orgasms. If you’re confident about what’s happening, you’ll be more relaxed and in your bed instead of your head, which is where you need to be to experience a great orgasm.
- Orgasms improve with age. Research has shown that women tend to have better orgasms as they get older. One could assume this change occurs because women tend to know their bodies better and have more confidence as they mature, as well as just technically knowing more about how to make sex satisfying.
We’re all about orgasms and feeling good – why not stop by today and do your vagina a favor by letting us help you choose a brand new toy?
Wondering Why You Can’t Orgasm? Read on…