Did you know that May is National Masturbation Month? In order to get you ready for the celebration – which is only weeks away – we’re sharing the top 10 reasons why we love masturbation!
- It has known health benefits. One of the health benefits of masturbation is the release of endorphins, which are the same chemicals released by your body following sex that make you feel so good. It’s also great exercise for your pelvic muscles, which can create better orgasms.
- It’s a stress reliever. No one can deny how much stress effects our daily lives, from the little things like meeting deadlines to dealing with family events and meeting personal goals. Help yourself stay calm by indulging in the stress-relieving benefits of masturbation.
- It’s fun with a partner or alone. Not only is mutual masturbation seriously underrated, but the ability to masturbate together or in front of each other is also a breakthrough when it comes to the comfort and intimacy of your relationship. There’s nothing quite like being confident enough to put on a sexy solo show live for your partner.
- It just feels incredible. Let’s face it, when you discover orgasms, you discover the power to experience pleasure unlike anything else in the world throughout your entire body at your own hands.
- Masturbation leads to better sex. The more you know about what you like, the better you can share with your partner what you want. So the better you are at turning yourself on, the better you can communicate to your partner how to turn you on – and vice versa – creating lasting, positive effects that will nurture your best sex ever.
- With many types of toys come many types of pleasures. From G-spot vibrators to anal toys and everything in-between, you can find a unique sex toy to offer the exact type of pleasure you crave. Many women love clitoral vibrators because they get right to the point, while realistic dildos offer an experience that may be more lifelike. With fetish toys, you can indulge in your S&M desires.
- Practice makes perfect. The educational component to the benefits of masturbation is vital. Your mind might know what turns it on, but your body often isn’t nearly as transparent. Experimenting with touches, sensations, and pressures will help you learn what does and doesn’t feel good to you.
- It teaches you about more than just what feels good. Masturbation can also help you connect with yourself on numerous levels. One of the benefits of it is that it gives you an opportunity to pay attention to yourself and your body, to better understand what it’s saying to you and why.
- New technology provides new pleasures. One reason to especially love masturbating today is that there are now more options than ever before in a technological sense. For example, the We-Vibe Couples 4 Plus, has remote control stimulation, so you can play from far, far away.
- You can enjoy blended orgasms. By enhancing your own solo skills, you can become more skilled at blended orgasms, which come from stimulating multiple erogenous zones at once. Practicing solo first also helps you achieve blended orgasms when you’re having sex with your partner.
The benefits of masturbation are quite obvious – whether your hand is your best friend or you have a favorite bullet or rabbit vibe. A healthy dose of masturbation can be as beneficial to your life as regular exercise and mental stimulation.