Ben Wa balls — also referred to as love balls, smart balls, or Kegel balls — are weighted balls meant to be worn inside the vagina. They’re an ancient method used to train the pelvic muscles. They have been used in various forms by women throughout history. It’s believed they were originally created by Japanese women before they spread to China, India, Vietnam and then into Europe before becoming known worldwide.
They were traditionally made of two hollow brass balls, one of which was empty and the other containing either mercury or a smaller heavy metal ball. The empty ball was inserted first, all the way back to the cervix, followed by the second “loaded” ball until they make contact.
When the balls are in place, even slight movements of the hips or thighs will cause the contents of the loaded ball to move or roll producing a pleasant vibration. A common example of their use is to insert the balls as described above then gently rock in a rocking chair or a swing.
You can perform Kegels to help hold them in and to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and improve the elasticity of the vagina. Ben Wa balls predate our more modern concept of Kegel exercises but many believe they were used historically to provide many of the same benefits that Kegel exercises aim to achieve.
Want to know how to do Kegel exercises the right way? Read our blog.
Inserting Ben Wa Balls
Inserting the balls is a relatively straightforward process, but it can vary a bit depending on what type of balls you’re using. To that end, here are some tips along with step-by-step instructions.
- Use lubrication on the balls to help them glide in.
- Lay down (if you haven’t done this before), then insert the ball (or balls) into the vagina while in a relaxed position.
- Hold the balls inside the vagina by tensing your leg muscles together and doing Kegel exercises.
- Once they’re in you can sit up or move around depending on your ability. Women with more experience can insert them without having to lay down and keep them in while moving around the house.
Quick Tips for Using Ben Wa Balls
- It’s not uncommon to find women on the internet claiming to wear them in public, many of them probably do. If that sounds like something you’d be into then be sure to wear them at home until you’re very comfortable with them and can hold them in for a very long time.
- Metal or glass balls can be more difficult for beginners to hold onto, so you might want to start with plastic or silicone Ben Wa balls.
- It will help them slide in easier if you use lubrication, but keep in mind that the easier they go in the easier they’ll come out too. Find a good balance when it comes to how much lube you use.
- Thoroughly wash the balls with warm soapy water before and after each use. If you’re using balls that are attached via a string or silicone coating, take the time to disassemble them as much as possible and thoroughly wash around the connections.
- Don’t panic if you have trouble getting them out or if they get stuck. They can’t get lost in there so relax, add some more lube, move around or squat and bear down. They’ll come out.
Questions? Come by and let our expert staff answer your questions and show you our complete line of Ben Wa balls for your pleasure.
Need help choosing fetish toys in Tampa? Stop by the best adult store Tampa today to see our complete selection of adult toys, adult apparel (including a wide variety of lingerie and dancewear), adult games, adult furniture, and more!