Cock Rings (C-Rings) are one of the few sex toys made specifically for the penis. Rings are the popular version of a medical device, called a constriction ring, and they can be a functional and fun part of sex for penis owners and the people who have sex with them.
The main thing a penis ring does is tighten around the penis, creating a sense of pressure – and to some extent – restricting the flow of blood out of an erect penis back into the body. C-Rings can change the way erections feel, how long they last, and what orgasm and ejaculation feels like.
These days many men buy rings just because they like the way they look and feel. Like most sex toys, C-Rings don’t come with a user’s guide. If you’re curious, here’s what you need to know.
- Start simple: Flexible, adjustable rings are recommended for first timers. They are easier to put on and take off, and if you’re not sure how tight you want it, you can make it looser to begin with.
- Personal lubricant: You can put some personal lubricant on the ring or on your penis before you put the ring on, and this can reduce any pinching of your skin or painful hair problems. If you’re using a penis ring that just goes on the shaft of the penis and you apply too much lube, it can make the ring slide off the penis more easily.
- Find time to explore: Even though you may want to use the penis ring with a partner, it’s a good idea to try it on your own the first time. You’ll feel less self-conscious and/or you can really concentrate on how it feels for you without being distracted (for better or worse) by a partner. Make sure you have a little time and enough privacy before getting down to business.
- Start on your own: If you’re using an adjustable ring, open it up all the way, slip it over the penis and behind the scrotum, and then tighten it. Once you’ve got the ring on, try masturbating. This will help you get used to the feel and also find out how the ring feels with movement and friction. Masturbate all the way to orgasm and ejaculation.
- Pulling on C-Rings: C-Rings can be fun as they give you something to hold on to, or grab on to, during sex play. Pulling or tugging on a penis ring can feel good for the wearer and can be a power play experience for the person doing the pulling. The key is to have a wide grasp on whatever bits you want to pull on, and then start gently and get feedback from the wearer.
- Condoms and C-Rings: If you’re using condoms while wearing a penis ring, check to make sure the ring isn’t rubbing against any part of the condom such that it could tear it. If your penis ring is made of a hard material, or has snaps or studs, you need to be particularly careful.
- Using a penis ring with a partner: Most men want to use rings during sex with a partner. Once you’re comfortable on your own, you can either use the ring during sex, or you can let your partner put the ring on you. Men have so few sexual toys and C-Rings give them the chance to accessorize their sex life in a way that can be fun and also highly pleasurable.
Questions? Come visit us and one of our knowledgeable and friendly salespeople will be happy to help you!